Muddle Manor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Muddled Hallways

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Caretaker

The Caretaker

Muddled Hallways Empty
PostSubject: Muddled Hallways   Muddled Hallways I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 3:01 am

Wow, you really are a curious one!
Even though I have a lot of work to do, I have to admit I'm enjoying your company. I can take a break and chat about construction on Muddle Manor with you for a bit longer.
Thank you, by the way, for your interest! It's quite encouraging to me.

What I'm working on right now is getting some of the foundations built. It's not very exciting, but important to get the base done right before you start building anything on top of it.

I have plans and ideas for the future of Muddle Manor, but for the most part I'm flying by the seat of my pants, sorting out problems as I go along. One of the biggest issues is making sure visitors don't see more than they're supposed to as they explore! I hate to think surprises could be spoiled because I didn't do the base construction right. There are still a couple secret switches on the walls I need to disguise better. And those are just the ones that I KNOW of!
The Caretaker sighs deeply.
And that's also not even counting the fact that I will need to safeguard against unscrupulous people who will attempt to sneak around and ruin the fun for themselves and others.
So I'm just taking it slow and steady, fixing things as I discover weak spots.

You start to realize The Caretaker can be a longwinded old fart sometimes, but you decide to be polite and let him continue rambling on about his precious Manor, realizing you asked him to tell you more.

*this page needs to be updated... most of the following has been implemented now Very Happy*
There are also various types of mechanics I will need to design for different types of adventures. As an example, I plan to have an area for Games/Challenges/Adventures. I know basically how I'd like it to work, but "basically" won't cut it once the gate is open to visitors. So I'm planning to get some sort of temporary game format set up soon to test the possibilities. I think I will need different areas for different parts of the games. Like...
1) A main Game Room where you select from a list of games.
2) Another area designed for the start of each of the games separately. (maybe)
3) And then yet another area for more private "I think I accomplished the task, but it needs to be confirmed" interface. (I expect a list of game winners would be included with the list of games you can pick from.)

The reason for the complexity will be an attempt to keep the challenges from being ruined for people who haven't completed the challenge yet. (And also prevent people from cheating if that's even possible. LOL!) I might even need to set up a system for contacting me privately for achievement comfirmation. I don't know yet! Just need to get SOMETHING put in place so I can start working out the kinks.

In an attempt to get him to stop talking, you start looking around like you might need to find a restroom. It's unclear if he notices or not because he continues........

So that's the type of stuff I'm working on.
I haven't even had a chance to work out fundamental things like pictures and images! I have OMG so many plans for that! In fact, that will be a major aspect of Muddle Manor once I get the foundation built. Smile

I finally got enough basic stuff done that I found time to build myself a Maintenance Shed!
Really it's a place for me to go for getting myself organized, but visitors are always welcome to come to the shed to check out how Muddle Manor is coming along.

In fact, friend, it's time I get off my butt and get back to work!

I'll see you later! Can you find your way out alright?

"Yeah, I got it. It's not that far. Thank you and see you later!"
"I feel so lost, can you help me?"
Pretend to be leaving, wait for him to turn his back, then try to sneak into a restricted area.
Do something Random and unexpected!
Check out The Caretaker's Maintenance Shed.
Back to top Go down

Muddled Hallways

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1